Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goals for 2011

There is a lot on my mind these days as I think about 2010. Honestly, I'm not even sure what I really achieved last year, but it helps to revisit the previous posts and think about what I do want to do this year. I feel like I am in a bit of limbo, wondering what is going to happen, and if I am really happy with where I am right now. I'm not sure if my current career is a good fit with me, and I think in the coming weeks that I will have to think hard about what my plan is for the next few years.

With that, I have thought about the following, though it will likely be tweaked a bit as 2011 moves along, I think I have a good idea of what I want to accomplish this year.

Balance and Mental Health
  • Find out what is important to me and where I want to be in 5 years - this could mean more school, a new career, a new city...
  • Focus - on what is important to me, and what will help me feel balanced and live with grace
  • Identify my stressors - both personal and work
  • Focus on my personal relationships
Physical Health
  • Train for a race (5k & 10k) - the goal is to try for a half marathon in 2012 (thinking about the Toronto Waterfront race)
  • Work out regularly (2-3x a week) with a focus on strength and endurance training
  • Practice yoga 2-3x a week
  • Eat for enjoyment, whether at home or out
Inspiring Design
  • Take daily photographs, learn to use my LX5
  • Start to write and take note of daily inspirations
  • Streamline my wardrobe, reduce the clutter and assemble a style
  • Revisit painting and create a series of painting this year
  • Learn how to sew and invest in a sewing machine
While these are great, a set of monthly goals came to mind as well. Having these will help to keep me focused as I move through the year. My main problem seems to be focus - I get lost in the day to day of my life and forget about myself and my interests.

Monthly Goals
  • Design - new concepts, ideas, themes, anything that comes to mind
  • Read a book
  • Try a new recipe - more experimentation, particularly I want to learn how to make breads
  • Have a date night
  • Have 'me time' of about 3 hours a week
  • Volunteer
  • Learn a new song on guitar and piano
They say writing your goals down helps you to achieve them. We'll see what 2011 brings!

No comments: